Sunday, August 21, 2011

Queen of Hearts...

Sorry I haven't updated.  Things have been crazy the past few weeks.

On reading:

As many of you know, my best friend from college, Cara, is getting married in November.  Her bridal shower was in Pittsburgh this past weekend.  The theme of the shower was an Alice in Wonderland Mad hatter's Tea Party.  Although Cara knew the theme of the shower, she had no idea what we had in store for her.

Guests were greeted by a giant teapot.  The Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and Alice were also in attendance.


Cara, of course, was the Queen of Hearts... It's good to be the Queen!


Her Aunt Jen went all out and made the pig stool!

Guests enjoyed a luncheon consisting of Cheshire Chicken Salad, Humpy Dumpty Eggs Salad, Queen's Cucumber Sandwiches, Wonderland Watermelon, Jabberwocky Jell-O Salad, and a variety of other themed dishes.  They washed the food down with Snapdragon Sangria.  It was a wonderful day!

The Help:


My book club read The Help many months ago, and imagine our surprise when they announced the release of the movie.  Since I enjoyed the book so much, I had to see how it turned out on the big screen.  So, Thursday afternoon, after shoving a water and small bag of kettle corn in my purse (theater food prices are outrageous), I saw the movie.  One word: Excellent!  I went through so many emotions while watching, as I did when reading it.  But I absolutely could not stop laughing at THAT part...and if you've read the book...you know what part I mean!  I highly recommend reading the book, or seeing the movie!




No comments:

Post a Comment